At the heart of CEDB’s sustainability plan, is a faith in our future. This faith encourages us to play a vital role in not only evaluating the short as well as long term interests of our stakeholders but also actively engaging and building trust among our employees, customers and the larger community - by making balanced decisions for the greater good of society. Likewise, we also comprehend the direct and indirect impacts, both positive as well as negative, brought around by our functioning, services and products. We seek to be responsible by incorporating environmental and social factors into our day to day decision making and business processes while using our limited resources ethically.
We are determined to do the right thing by helping others recognize their potential while accomplishing our own objectives of empowering the nation. Our attitude to Corporate Social Responsibility is interlinked with what we do and thus, leads us to take an active role in the communities in which we work, while helping extend that impact across our homeland.
In line with that testimony, CEDB has established the “Clean Circle”. An active and continuous corporate social responsibility initiative to make our communities cleaner, greener and more eco-friendly through conservation, minimization of waste and efficient usage of energy resources to curb global warming and climate change. Under the campaign, we have initiated the following programs:
- Sowing Remembrance: An event where CEDB stakeholders planted and dedicated around a thousand trees to oneself or their loved ones to reduce their carbon footprints while creating the much needed awareness of the current paradigm shift of communities coming together to create a more environmentally responsible world of tomorrow.
- Gifting Brightness: This program strives to empower the deprived segments of society such as old age homes and orphanages, with renewable solar energy. CEDB will donate solar panels, on its own or in alliance with other associates, to endow these disadvantaged segments with brightness in their lives.
- Eco-Students: This campaign seeks to actively encourage students, the future citizens of our nation, to become greener entities and ambassadors of eco-friendly change by volunteering to adopt the principles under this initiative and spreading awareness in our immediate communities.
Likewise, CEDB has extensively been supporting environmental causes through monetary or participatory alternatives in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, while also hosting blood donation programs on a yearly basis, engaging stakeholders from all walks of society.
In addition to protecting our environment and supporting our communities, our sustainability plan is also focused around five foundations:
- Customers: CEDB has a vision to be one of the finest financial brands in Nepal and is striving to gain a reputation as a leader in sustainable banking operations. In its commitment to service excellence, the bank has been successful in establishing highly reliable and customer friendly service standards with an original range of deposit and credit products, supplemented by innovative banking technologies.
- People: An organization’s strength comes from its people. Keeping that in mind, we are bent on making CEDB a great place to work. We continue to promote synergy and trust among our people to achieve our goal of becoming the finest developmental financial intermediary. We’re focused on developing our people because we know it impacts the quality of what we provide to you. Our management teams – both hydro and the banking division, bring decades of experience to the table. They will be the people who will be intimately involved in your relationship with us and will make a significant difference in its success.
- Clean energy: Renewable energy directly leads to development by providing the energy needed for creating businesses and employment, while indirectly contributing to alleviating poverty by creating a viable alternative for energy access to the rural sector. We are committed to realizing this potential by effectively utilizing our natural wealth through an approach that does not deplete our resources or destroy our environment.
- Governance: Our existing governance and risk management mechanisms are a vital element of our sustainability plan. CEDB is committed to maintaining an ethical organizational culture that is fair and which does not permit fraudulent activities, irregularities, corruption, maladministration and any breaches of policy or law. CEDB has unswervingly placed great significance on the governance of the organization, which we believe is crucial to our well-being.
- Real estate: CEDB’s belief of property development as a part of the renewable energy supply chain is to provide the most energy efficient buildings possible. It means having respect for the natural environment and being kinder to the planet. Sustainable real estate development is about the location, design and development of property which is economically viable, environmentally responsible and which has a positive, material effect on life.
Being a part of an organization that focuses on community involvement and its development - is important to our people. For this reason, there are many ways that you too, as a stakeholder, could benefit from playing an active role in your local community by joining hands with us. This could be in the form of playing your part in community activities, providing support and processes to make this happen or by taking time to give back to society through our CSR activities.
If you have questions about our work in the community or how you'll be able to take part in it? Please feel free to email us: email@example.com
- Zeist, The Netherlands: Clean Energy Development Bank has been recognized as one of the 25 most progressive banks of the world and becomes the only bank from Nepal and third bank from Asia to join the...
- Kathmandu, March 19, 2013: In view of continuing with the expansion of its Gifting Brightness program yet again, Clean Energy Development Bank (CEDB) once again, joined hands with the Clean Homes Inve...
- Kathmandu, March 17, 2013: Clean Energy Development Bank (CEDB), today, presented waste bins to the Federation of Swayambhu Management and Conservation (FSMC) with a view to instigate attention f...