Let's empower is more than just our brand tag line, it reflects what we want to accomplish - to give power to our people and country, to realize infinite possibilities through eco-friendly energy and dynamic financial solutions.
Flexible, dedicated and committed - Our people are all these things and more. At Clean Energy Development Bank, we live by means of our people. This isn’t an idle boast, it is our total commitment and when we say we give everyone the chance to shine as individuals, that's exactly what we mean.
The CEDB family is about a shared spirit, a collective vision and common goals that allow us to stand together. It’s about becoming a part of a culture that nurtures talent, embraces diversity and rewards outstanding performance as we embrace change and recognize the power of experience.
Trust and Team Spirit is CEDB’s major strategic priority. We recognize the importance of attracting, retaining and developing good quality people in achieving our goal of becoming Nepal’s finest financial services establishment however it doesn’t stop there because innovative thinking is encouraged, unique insights are the norm and knowledge is king.
Our purpose is supported by four core competencies that are expected of each CEDB team member every day and effects how we cooperate with each other, how we lead our teams and how we work together as one team in a culture that strives for excellence.
- Customer focus: continuing our focus on simplicity, convenience and responsibility in the way we promote ourselves and serve our customers
- Diversity: We respect diversity in our people and in their ideas, work styles and perspectives.
- Flexibility: We offer flexibility in employment to ensure a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
- Technology: improving technology to the levels used by banks globally
- Performance: out-performing at every level – financial out-performance, out-performance in customer service and in our work ethic.
We are committed to fostering a culture where our people are engaged, passionate and valued as their success will lead to the success of our customers, shareholders and our community over the long term and fulfill our organizational objectives.
CEDB’s priority lies in serving the people and the nation, providing world class banking products and services, providing technical expertise and investing in clean energy sector to strengthen the economy of the nation.
The 6 folds objectives are as under:
- to provide standard and reliable financial services to the general public by protecting and promoting the rights and interest of all stakeholders
- to bring about such financial resources, from internal and external sources, as may be required for the establishment, development, expansion and enhancement of capability and productivity of agriculture, industry, trade and other productive business which appears feasible from business viewpoint, and render support for bringing about dynamism in the development of industrial, trade and agricultural sectors of the country
- to establish, operate, develop, expand and promote manufacturing and employment-oriented business in rural and urban areas, by properly utilizing the available skills, labor and capital, to provide such financial resources, technical and managerial consultancy service, training and technology as may be required for the same, and be actively engaged in, and thereby render support for, poverty alleviation
- to provide financial services through institutional investment by integrating the capital scattered in the country and fair competition
- to provide mid-term and long-term financial means and resources as may be required for investment to be made in the development of infrastructures of the country in a businesslike manner, while remaining vigilant towards the protection of environment
- to mobilize and provide such mid-term and long-term capital as may be required for the establishment, operation, protection and promotion of hydro-power, renewable energy and other infrastructures and business related therewith, by the private sector
We aspire to:
- ensure adequate capital for sound financial health
- focus on business strategy primarily on clean energy development in the country
- adopt accountability, transparency, good governance and compliance with prudential norms and best practices
- ensure efficient management of overall assets and quality of loan portfolio
- focus on sustained growth in the volume of operations with competitive returns on its investments creating adequate reserves to gradually improve net-worth position
- Zeist, The Netherlands: Clean Energy Development Bank has been recognized as one of the 25 most progressive banks of the world and becomes the only bank from Nepal and third bank from Asia to join the...
- Kathmandu, March 19, 2013: In view of continuing with the expansion of its Gifting Brightness program yet again, Clean Energy Development Bank (CEDB) once again, joined hands with the Clean Homes Inve...
- Kathmandu, March 17, 2013: Clean Energy Development Bank (CEDB), today, presented waste bins to the Federation of Swayambhu Management and Conservation (FSMC) with a view to instigate attention f...